Mammography Technician Job
Full Job Title: Mammography Technician - Varied 72 hours
Job Number: 17011874
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
Schedule: Full Time, Varied
Underthe direction of the Director of Medical Imaging, the Mammography/RadiologicTechnologist performs assigned mammographic and radiographic procedures andother duties in the hospital and clinic setting in the care and treatment ofpatients.
- Communicates effectively with staff, patients and visitors; establishes rapport with patient during introductions and throughout the performance of procedures.. Ensures patient safety and provide appropriate care to the age of the patient. Responsible for proper infection control procedures.
- Performs and understands the limits and correction action if needed for any QC testing that is not within/manufacture or ACR guidelines. Assists with collection of data for quality assurance
- Reviews patient orders and mammography schedule; makes assessment to perform procedure.
- Performs quality mammogram procedures with sufficient resolution, density and penetration and includes all complete anatomic areas of interest with adequate compression, without artifact, to provide all required diagnostic information. Repeats procedure if necessary and/or as requested by the radiologist/supervisor. Coordinates, facilitates, schedules and performs ductograms and breast needle localizations with Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, General Diagnostic, Operating Room and Surgery and Care Center personnel and schedules. Continuously monitors patients throughout procedures; notifies physicians immediately of problems Assists the radiologist and/or other technologist in radiography, fluoroscopy, and ultrasonography breast needle localization as necessary. Perform stereotactic core biopsies of breast, x-ray breast sizing specimens and specimen studies of the breast from surgery. Assists patients to and from the department if no transporter is available.
- Complete breast ultrasound data entry, patient tracking and patient return notification in the MRS breast software tracking system. Tracks, obtains and enters pathology results in the MRS system on all breast needle localizations. Makes sure previous mammography, breast core biopsy and/or breast ultrasound films and reports are here and have been reviewed by radiologist for next day's needle localizations.
- Ability to operate equipment such as fixed mammography, radiographic and fluoroscopic machines, automatic processors, portables, C-arm fluoroscopic and other radiologic equipment. Processes radiographic films, verifies accuracy of patient demographic information and any required technical information; checks technical quality of films; provides appropriate marking on films and diagram; submits for radiologist's review and interpretation.
- Meets department standards for maintaining a working knowledge of ductograms, breast needle localizations, lesion/wire position views and operation of mammographic equipment.
- Monitor personnel radiation; Assist & consult with physicist with annual review of program; Monitor mammography equipment for malfunctions & safety issues.
- Complies with all SSM, State of Wisconsin, ACR, MQSA, and JCAHO regulatory requirements related to departmental and individual personnel. Familiar with the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) guidelines; has read and understands the ACR Manual for Mammography. Know Medicare guidelines for mammography, exam codes & criteria are followed for updating.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Licensure and registration as required below signifies education requirements have been met.
- Requires current State of Wisconsin Radiographer License through a formal radiologic technology training in an AMA approved school, current BLS/CPR certification via RQI, and current registration with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a RT (R).
- Must pass the advanced certification registry in mammography within the first year and a half of employment.
- Must complete and maintain specialized FDA/MQSA required training in mammography.
- Must obtain 3 CME credits in mammography related topics every two years.
- Maintains registry status and certification in Mammography; obtains continuing education requirements specified by MQSA, ACR and ARRT.
Prefer previous experience in performing procedures in mammography (screening and diagnostic), ductograms, and breast needle localization.
Must know radiographic and mammographic examinations and body positions, techniques, medical terminology and protection. Must be proficient in Fluoroscopy and general radiographic exams. Must be able to meet the standards of the Radiologic Technologist position and communicate effectively with staff, patients, and visitors. Mammographic Certified Radiologic Technologists (CRT) additional requirements: Each person who has been issued a Mammographic CRT certificate must, in the two years immediately preceding the expiration date of the certificate, must earn 10 of the 24 Approved CE credits in mammography. [17 CCR 30403(a)(1)]
St. Clare Hospital – Baraboo –
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs