Lead Technician - BMET Job
Full Job Title: BMET III Lead Technician
Job Number: 16016939
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8:30 am- 5:00 pm
- Performs Preventive and Corrective Maintenance on general and specialty clinical equipment as assigned, but can work independently.
- Utilizes the current CMMS System to maintains records of work performed according to
- Policy and Procedures
- Follows Policy and Procedure related to ordering replacement parts and other purchased service. Is capable of interacting with vendors who provide service.
- Provides follow-up communications to equipment users related to repair and maintenance status.
- Participates with regular On-Call schedule.
- Capable of equipment set-up and installation of clinical equipment as assigned.
- Participates with and/or Facilitates In-Service Training provided to equipment users. Is also capable of passing on (cross-training) of learned skills to other BMET personnel.
- In the absence of the Operations Manager, the BMET III - Lead Tech provides temporary supervisory duties including managing equipment maintenance actions and other specifically assigned duties such as meeting attendance and decision support.
- Can perform some supervisory (non-managerial) roles such as assigning CES personnel to repairs and planned maintenance.
- High school plus specialized training (minimum of 6 months)
- 6 years of experience required
- Some supervisory experience required
- Demonstrates competency related to the use of testing equipment use in maintenance and troubleshooting of biomedical equipment.
- Demonstrates competency to use or learn computer applications to include (but not limited to); e-mail systems, word processing, spreadsheets and CMMS systems.
- Demonstrates competency related to the use of service and repair manuals including understanding of operating instruction, service diagrams, flow charts and schematics.
- Demonstrates competency related to oral and written communications and utilizes these skills in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ability to relate to all level of hospital personnel and supervision. Also able to influence and direct these different levels into cooperation and making proper clinical equipment maintenance choices
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience including a Diploma School program (i.e. Military training, technical school, etc.) preferred
- AAMI Certification preferred but not required
About SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies:
At SSM Health Integrated Health Technologies, information systems and clinical engineering systems come together to form a hub of technology for SSM Health - an integrated delivery network with hospitals in four states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. It is based in St. Louis with locations throughout our system. It has been honored four times with Missouri Quality Awards since 2002 and has been recognized as a national leader in the adoption of an electronic health record.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs