Lead Medical Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Medical Technologist, Lead HP
Job Number: 17006513
Facility: St. Anthony Healthplex Mustang
Location: Mustang, OK
Schedule: Full Time
Perform all of the tests in a single department or majorityof the procedures in all areas of the laboratory as required.
- Assist supervisor with the delegation of assignments, scheduling and staff training. Provide feedback during performance review process.
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in performing laboratory activities for patient population served.
- Perform routine and/or complex tests in all areas of the laboratory on complex instrumentation or manually as assigned (e.g. hematology, bacteriology, serology, urinalysis, coagulation, toxicology, RIA, electrophoresis, chemistry, blood bank, HLA, and virology).
- Act as a liaison with other areas of the hospital, the Oklahoma Blood Institute, and other similar organizations to coordinate activities, monitor specimen quality and appropriateness, ensure an adequate blood supply for the hospital, obtain patient information, and report unusual results to appropriate physicians/personnel.
- Establish and monitor quality control programs to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, and procedures. Report failures of quality control and initiate corrective action if necessary. Calibrate, standardize, and maintain instruments; prepare reagents, standards, and controls as necessary. Validate and report results of tests performed. Alert physicians or medical staff concerning unusual results and offer suggestions concerning additional testing if needed.
- Accurately collect and label blood specimens. Total less than seven errors per moth of any combination of the following: failure to collect appropriate specimen, failure to label specimen correctly (note: two occurrences will result in unsatisfactory performance), failure to notify physician if unable to collect blood specimen, failure to leave notice of non collect, failure to run collection summary report, or failure to meet patient expectations (evidence by occurrence reports).
- Actively participate in continuing education and in-service programs in order to maintain and increase expertise in the laboratory.
- Perform routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, clinical areas, restrooms and other assigned areas following established guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to utilize and maintain equipment in a safe and proper manner. (including housekeeping cart). Utilize the appropriate cleaning agents and supplies according to established procedures. Transport trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable trash to appropriate disposal areas.
- Restock assigned areas and patient rooms with supplies, i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, soap, linen bags, gloves, sharp containers, and clean linen.
- Prepare patients for discharge and accompany them upon dismissal as indicated.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technologyor equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certified as an MT or MLT by the AmericanSociety of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) OR Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)or Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT) by the National Certification Agencyfor Medical Laboratory Personnel (NCA) OR certification by other nationallyrecognized certifying agency acceptable to the Laboratory Director.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver).
- One year of satisfactory employment in a medicallaboratory as a Registered Medical Technologist.
St. Anthony Hospital is a601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology,surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is locatedin Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well asmany counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network ofhospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergencyand outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitanarea. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North.St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Awardfor Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-valueHealthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony atperformance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than localcompetitors and many national health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs