Lead Inpatient Coding Specialist Job
Full Job Title: Inpatient Coding Specialist Lead
Job Number: 17001025
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Monitors and makes adjustments in Coding workflow and staffing to accommodate daily volumes and coverage opportunities in order to meet the financial goals for the network.
- Maintains Continuing Education by keeping abreast of coding guidelines, updates, rules and regulations to promote compliance and clinical outcomes.
- Conducts monthly Coding Section Meetings to provide on-going communication and continuing education between the Coding Staff to promote employee engagement and satisfaction. Maintains regular lines of communication with other Coding Leads to close gaps in workflow and share staff as needed to meet financial and clinical outcome goals.
- Engages coding staff in a positive work environment by providing necessary guidance, mentorship and feedback on employee performance and coding accuracy to promote employee engagement and clinical outcome goals.
- Conducts Quarterly Audits on coding staff to ensure that a 95% accuracy rate is achieved. Provided guidance and mentor coders on opportunities for improvement when goals are not consistently achieved in order to promote our clinical outcome goals.
- Participates in all revenue cycle initiatives by tracking all outstanding coding items in necessary computer systems and makes adjustments/follow up as needed in order to promote good financial outcomes.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records and assigns appropriate codes as designated by standardized coding systems in order to promote good clinical and financial outcomes while adhering to regulatory compliance.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines to promote both clinical and financial outcomes
- Performs all duties in accordance to entity policies and procedures as assigned by management to optimize both departmental and entity goals.
- Minimum of successful completion of a coding certificate in a program with AHIMA approval status
- Requires good computer and communication skills. Knowledge of automated encoder system, 3M preferred.
- The analytical ability necessary to interpret data contained in records and to assign appropriate codes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and excellent customer service skills.
- RHIT, RHIA, CCS credentials preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a Hospital Acute Care setting preferred
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs