Lead Application Specialist - Imaging Job
Full Job Title: Lead Application Specialist- Imaging
Job Number: 16017779
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Benefit Eligible, Full Time
The Lead Application Specialist – Imaging is responsible for the system administration, and monitoring of all components of the Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS) including, but not limited to, the PACS desk top software, Voice Dictation, and PACS Scanning software for the TriState Regions. They will have advanced knowledge of the PACS system and the interdependent components, including system infrastructures, HL7 and DICOM Protocols and the Electronic Health Record.
The Lead Application Specialist- Imaging collaborates with the entity based Application Specialist – Imaging to set standards that will contribute to a high degree of data integrity, system reliability and standardization. This position will oversee medium and large projects, including system upgrades, routine, and emergency maintenance functions. This position functions as the main contact for the PACS Primary and Secondary vendor support activities.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a PACS Application Specialist, RIS Application Specialist, or relevant positions such as Radiology Technologist/PACS Super User, PCLAN Analyst or Clinical Engineering Equipment Specialist.
- Proven ability to develop strong peer relationships and lead peers in the analysis of situations.
- Proven peer mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills required for medium to large projects (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, manage project schedule, recognize when to escalate to leadership).
- PACS System Certification preferred
- Experience with HL7 and DICOM Protocols preferred
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs