Laboratory Support Technician Job
Full Job Title: Laboratory Support Technician
Job Number: 17008503
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Location: Centralia, IL
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
The Laboratory Support Tech performs a variety of procedures including technical, non-technical, clerical, and patient care support services with a high focus on exceptional patient satisfaction and accuracy.
- Trains new employees and students on an as needed basis and serve as a resource person for these staff members.
- Maintains adequate laboratory supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and informing supervisor or coordinator of needs, verifying receipt of supplies, and putting away stock in appropriate storage area.
- Sets priorities based on changing workloads to meet expected turnaround times without diminished accuracy or loss of composure.
- Consistently and effectively applies exceptional patient safety through high level of phlebotomy skill, following patient and specimen identification procedures, following infection control policies, and verifying unclear orders.
- Provides exceptional patient satisfaction as measured by Press Ganey or other internal surveys by consistently following scripting, listening to patients concerns and responding accordingly, and innovating new processes or ideas to 'wow' our patients.
- Provides exceptional quality by adhering to specimen collection procedures, specimen requirements by test, and having a low rejection rate.
- Accurately enters orders into computer system, follows ABN procedures, and clarifies any unclear orders.
- Cultivates exceptional customer satisfaction by answering phones in a timely and polite manner, assisting customers with their needs, and involving management when appropriate.
- Consistently completes assigned and required proficiency, competency, and procedural reviews on time.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-3 years experience
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs