Laboratory Assistant Job
Full Job Title: Lab Assistant
Job Number: 17010543
Facility: St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Full Time
- Demonstrate successful achievement of job functions as listed on the competency sheet for Lab Assistant I. Does Not Meet Standard = Less than 75% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory; Meet Standard = 75% – 95% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory; and Exceeds Standard = More thank 95% of job functions evaluated are satisfactory.
- Accurately label blood specimens.
- Answer all phone calls following provided scripting.
- Assess the acceptability of all specimens upon arrival. Verify that specimen was labeled correctly and appears to have been collected appropriately.
- In a timely manner, accurately record specimen receipt in Hospital computer system.
- Perform equipment maintenance, inventory, stocking, and cleaning of out-patient phlebotomy area and main processing area as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- High school diploma/GED or higher level of education required.
- Must provide evidence of highest diploma or degree awarded.
- Basic computer literacy preferred. Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Phlebotomy Technician (PBT) preferred.
- Previous hospital working experience with some direct patient contact is preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs