LPN - Wound Care Hyperbaric Nurse Job
Full Job Title: LPN - Wound Care Hyperbaric Nurse
Job Number: 17010396
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day, Days
The LPN is responsible for providing health care services in the clinical setting. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Provides appropriate patient care. Assists with general patient preparation, assists physicians, and performs day-to-day clinical and operational functions as directed.
- Abides by state practice acts, regulations, and laws established within the state/states of licensure.
- As an interdisciplinary wound care team member, provides input for care plan consideration that promotes wound prevention and healing. Implements preventative care, monitors skin status, and performs wound treatment per orders in the individualized patient's treatment plan. Provides and reinforces education to patients, family members/caregivers, and facility/agency staff that is consistent with the established care plan for preventative measures, interventions, and individualized patient treatments.
- Observes patient's response and wound status, reporting any changes to the registered nurse or supervising clinician, according to facility or agency guidelines. Ensures continuous patient supervision during each hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment.
- Contributes to the facility or agency quality improvement program, as assigned.
- Demonstrates leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of patient education programs.
- Effectively prioritizes work to provide effective, efficient care, under pressure of multiple simultaneous activities and time constraints. Maintains and submits required activity and statistical reports to manager/designee.
- Thoroughly documents patient information in an accurate and timely manner, according to organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines. Performs patient assessments, takes vitals and blood glucose, auscultates lungs, and uses otoscope to visualize and assess patient's tympanic membrane.
- Participate in chamber drills, as well as department and hospital continuous quality improvement and risk management programs, including organization safety committee meetings. Complies with published preventative maintenance schedules, and departmental safety policies and procedures. Training and experience in chamber maintenance and operations.
- Basic knowledge of NFPA-99, PVHO, CGA, US Navy Dive Tables, NBDHMT, UHMS, and other related hyperbaric codes, standards, & organizations.
- Ensures departmental compliance with the requirements of JCS, NFPA 99, PVHO I, UHMS, NBDHMT, and all other applicable unit safety policies.
- Participate in committees and/or projects as assigned. Other assignments as directed.
- Successful completion of a License Practical Nurse (LPN) program.
- Current Missouri License as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- One year experience in a clinical setting
- Must maintain and keep current all related pathway licensure/certifications.
- BLS with Hands-on Skill session certification required.
- Two years experience in a clinical setting.
- Certification in Wound WCC. If not certified at time of hire, must obtain certification within 2 years of hire date.
- Prefer currently certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT). If not currently certified as a CHT, must attend a company paid UHMS/NBDHMT approved 40-hour hyperbaric course within three (3) months of hire date and must obtain certification within 1 year of hire date.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend.Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs