LPN - Mental Health Job
Full Job Title: LPN - Mental Health Services
Job Number: 17005858
Facility: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital - Maryville
Location: Maryville, MO
Schedule: Per Diem, Varied
The LPN is responsible for the delivery of nursing care consistent with the care/treatment plan under the supervision and/or direction of a Registered Nurse. He/She is a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team and provides services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient. At times will be responsible to provide nursing education groups for the patients.
- Treats information regarding patients, employees, and authorized entity information as confidential.
- Demonstrates the clinical skills to perform complete head to toe reassessment on all adult & geriatric patients. Able to assess for signs and symptoms of abuse/neglect and is knowledgeable of resources available to assist patient when need is identified. Provides safe environment specific to the age and development of the patient.
- Works with social services to identify and address psychosocial needs, in-hospital and discharge needs of the patient and family. Interacts with appropriate ancillary departments to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Updates the patient's plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment according to age and evaluates the overall nursing plan of care for effectiveness. Promotes and encourages patient participation in therapeutic groups and activities and assists with groups as needed to support the charge nurse. Also provides support to the unit techs as needed.
- Is knowledgeable of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and their clinical condition. Performs medication administration functions timely and accurately.
- Ensures nursing documentation is legible, accurate, pertinent, and indicates progress towards identified goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized, and to function effectively under stressful situations. Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
- Willingly supports and actively participates in department activities such as: department meetings, open record chart audits (as applicable,) department communication, and adjusting schedule and hours. Accepts and acts on constructive criticism.
- Exhibits willingness to master new skills and serve as a resource to others. Willingly participates in orientation of new staff members and promotes a positive learning experience for students.
- Uses department exceptional conversations when interacting with patients and families (GREAT acronym.) Is supportive of Achieving Exceptional Patient Care system, hospital, and department initiatives.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries and avoids using self-disclosure as primary therapeutic intervention. Is able to enforce unit rules while still providing compassionate care to the patients.
Join our recruiters for an online chat any Monday or Wednesday from 11am to 1pm. There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here to register today!
- Licensed Practical Nursing degree
- LPN License to practice in the state of Missouri
- BLS. CPI within 3 months of hire and maintain current certification thereafter
- Competency training completed within 3 months of hire and annually thereafter
- Must make application for registration in the Family Care Safety Registry prior to beginning of employment
- 1 year mental health experience
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs