LPN - Home Health Job
Full Job Title: LPN IV Certified - Home Health
Job Number: 17011442
Facility: SSM Health at Home
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Gathers biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate information from patients, including information on the signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect. In conjunction with other disciplines, assists in developing a realistic comprehensive patient/family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and providing patient/family health teaching.
- Assists in the coordination of interdisciplinary patient care on assigned shifts, and participates in the discharge planning process.
- Processes physician's orders, administers medications, performs IV therapy interventions, and documents information in medical record.
- Collaborates with other health professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need for change in plan(s) of care and facilitates the process utilizing Care Pathways when appropriate.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL).
- Performs nutrition activities including but not limited to assisting with feeding patients, enteral feedings, and preparing nourishments. Performs enemas, ostomy care, toileting, and monitoring urinary drainage systems including inserting foley catheters.
- Assembles equipment and assists the Staff Nurse with procedures.
- Provides basic pulmonary and respiratory care to include setting up, maintaining and operating suctioning systems, tracheal care, setting up oxygen, assisting patients to turn cough and deep breath (TCDB), and setting up and assisting with incentive spirometers.
- Collects biological specimens to include blood, urine, stool, and sputum, performs venous and capillary blood draws on patients, performs blood glucose monitoring, and CoaguChek testing.
- Measures and records intake and output, collects fluid from tubes and drains, weighs and measures patients, measures vital signs, reports patient's condition, sets up cardiac monitoring equipment, performs EKGs, and sets up and performs pulse oximetry.
- Changes simple patient dressings, removes staples, irrigates wounds, applies Steri strips, and applies heat and cold. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing: Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current Missouri LPN license and valid driver's license.
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Satisfactory completion of medication course and IV therapy course approved by state board of nursing
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs