LPN - Family Medicine Job
Full Job Title: LPN, Clinic - Family Med Float
Job Number: 17006668
Facility: St. Anthony Physicians
Location: Shawnee, OK
Schedule: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
- Initiate patient contact and prepare patient by obtaining vital signs and a brief history.
- Assist physicians in patient examination, evaluation, and clinical procedures as needed. Initiate or assist physicians with emergency measures including, but not limited to, the following: CPR, oxygen administration, IV placement, hemostatic measures insertion, maintenance of oral pharyngeal airway, and institution of monitoring measures including 12-lead EKG.
- Coordinate ordering and scheduling of hospital-based tests and procedures.
- Administer prescribed medications orally, topically, and by injection.
- Maintain pharmacy supplies and prevents expiration of pharmaceuticals and IV solutions stocked by the Clinic. Maintain emergency equipment and supplies, and inventory of all other clinical supplies, ensuring readiness and adequate quantities are on-hand to meet needs of physicians and patients.
- Clean exam rooms after each use and prepare room for next patient. Operate autoclave to ensure sterility of all instruments and materials.
- Maintain patient medical records and ensure proper documentation of examinations, evaluations, and treatments rendered, laboratory and radiology procedures and results, and prescriptions written or authorized in the office or by telephone.
- Instruct patient in examination and diagnostic procedures that are to be performed. Ensure that follow up instructions are given and that the patient fully understands these instructions. Provide specific patient education as prescribed by the physician.
- Accept responsibility for managing all patient telephone calls of a clinical nature, communicating with the physician as appropriate and providing information to the patient as directed by the physician. Provide adequate clinical support for front office personnel.
- Encourage a supportive environment for both staff and patients and is aware of the psychosocial and confidentiality needs of patients and their families.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs