Infection Control Preventionist Job
Full Job Title: Infection Control Preventionist - Dean Clinics
Job Number: 16010319
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group East
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
Dean Clinic is one of the largest integrated healthcare delivery systems in the country. Established in 1904 and headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Dean provides medical and health services through a network of clinics located throughout Southern Wisconsin.
At Dean, we are committed to improving the health of our community and being one of the best providers of healthcare in the country. Our goal is to provide unsurpassed quality and compassionate care to every patient, every time. If your first priority is to provide the very best customer service to those you serve, apply today!
The Infection Control Preventionist coordinates and implements the infection control program for Dean Clinic, including preventive, educational and administrative measures to ensure high quality patient care and employee safety.
1. Bachelor's degree in relevant field (i.e. nursing, microbiology, etc.).
2. 5 years relevant experience.
3. Interest and involvement in infection control.
4. Demonstrates flexibility to meet department needs on short notice.
5. Adapts easily to the workflow of the different departments
6. Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
1. Master's degree.
2. Preferred degrees in microbiology or public health.
3. Administrative experience.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods while performing office tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes or supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
5. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with bloodborne pathogens or other chemicals.
6. Ability to wear a respirator/mask.
7. Ability to safely drive a personal vehicle on a weekly basis and to comply with the Company's Vehicle Safety Program.
1. Serves as a resource consultant for Dean Clinic, its patients and the community regarding infection control.
2. Assists in maintaining compliance with relevant regulatory and accreditation requirements for Dean Clinic.
3. Establishes, implements, maintains, and periodically monitors and updates written infection control and prevention policies and procedures.
4. Provides ongoing educational initiatives in infection control and prevention to Dean Clinic staff.
5. Uses formal and informal observations and review mechanisms to assess the effectiveness of the infection control program and staff awareness of their role in ensuring and maintaining a safe environment.
6. Collaborates with, and acts as liaison to appropriate local and state health departments; promotes and maintains collegial relationships with other ambulatory care providers, hospitals, community agencies, etc.
7. Evaluates the adequacy of facilities, supplies and equipment in terms of patient and staff needs as they relate to infection control to generate a report for the facility and Nursing Services Manager, annually.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs