Infection Control Preventionist - Ambulatory Surgery Job
Full Job Title: Ambulatory Surgery Infection Control Preventionist
Job Number: 17004784
Facility: SSM Health Medical Group
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), 8 Hour Night, Days
The Ambulatory Surgical Infection Control Preventionist coordinates and implements the infection control program for the Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) including preventive, educational and administrative measures to ensure high quality patient care and employee safety.
Infection Control Program Management:
1. Serves as a resource for the ASCs, its patients and the community regarding Infection Control and prevention.
2. Establishes, implements, maintains, annually reviews and updates written infection control and prevention policies and procedures (i.e. Exposure Control Plan, Blood borne Pathogens Standard, etc.).
3. Responsible for design and production of the ASC Infection Control Manual.
4. Uses tracer methodology to observe and monitor compliance with Infection Control standards.
5. Uses formal and informal observations and review mechanisms to assess the effectiveness of the Infection Control program and staff awareness of their role in ensuring and maintaining a safe environment.
6. Collaborates with, and acts as liaison to appropriate local and state health departments; promotes and maintains collegial relationships with other ambulatory care providers, hospitals, community agencies, etc.
7. Evaluates the adequacy of facilities by completing periodic onsite inspections to include supplies and equipment in terms of patient and staff needs as they relate to Infection Control.
Staff Training and Education:
1. Provides ongoing educational initiatives in infection control and prevention to the ASC staff.
2. Collaborates with Nurse Educator to determine appropriate competencies related to Infection Control.
3. Outlines the required yearly staff training related to Infection Control
4. Oversees new employee orientation related to Infection Control for all new staff.
5. Reviews significant exposures periodically to monitor for trends or training needed.
1. Acts as a liaison with local and state health departments, as well as other Infection Control Specialists in the community.
2. Assists in maintaining compliance with relevant regulatory and accreditation requirements for the ASC (i.e. The Joint Commission, CMS, APIC, etc.).
3. Monitors compliance with Blood borne Pathogens standard.
1. Performs monthly infection surveillance activities.
2. Reports significant findings to ASC management and the QA Committee.
3. Participates in quality assurance activities for the ASCs as needed.
4. Participates and sits on Committees as appropriate.
1. Bachelor's degree in relevant field (i.e. nursing, microbiology, etc.).
2. 5 years relevant experience.
3. Interest and involvement in infection control.
4. Demonstrates flexibility to meet department needs on short notice.
5. Adapts easily to the workflow of the different departments
6. Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
1. Master's degree.
2. Preferred degrees in nursing, microbiology or public health.
3. Administrative experience.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods while performing office tasks.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with blood borne pathogens.
5. Ability to wear a respirator/mask.
6. Ability to perform CPR.
7. Ability to safely drive a personal vehicle on a weekly basis and to comply with the Company's Vehicle Safety Program.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs