Histology Lab Supervisor Job
Full Job Title: Supervisor Lab - Histology
Job Number: 17009005
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Varied, Weekends
Hours: 6a - 6p (Varied)
- Promotes an overall exceptional patient care experience by responding to requests in a timely manner and providing quality laboratory test results and/or services in a professional, supportive environment.
- Contributes to the overall clinical performance through efficient unit operations by developing policies and procedures, incorporating needed changes, and maintaining accurate documentation and training related to job duties. Ensures continuity of care by providing departmental administrative and operational oversight.
- Promotes exceptional safety and clinical outcomes by ensuring staff compliance with procedures, rules and regulations such as infection control policies and procedures, quality control and maintenance procedures and proper patient specimen identification protocols.
- Contributes to overall employee satisfaction by demonstrating an ownership of our department goals and vision by actively leading and participating in staff meetings, project teams and surveys and offering assistance to others when needed. Models appropriate behaviors and fosters employee development through feedback, coaching, mentoring and counseling as applicable.
- Plays an active role in the financial performance through responsible management and use of department resources and efficient organization of workload.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and training (Must meet the qualifications for personnel performing high complex testing as outlined in CliA 88 regulation).
- MT/MLT by Registry Board of ASCP, NCA or AMT
- 3 to 5 years of experience
The 525-bed SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the Saint Louis University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis offers a wide variety of outpatient services, including cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, high-risk obstetrics and comprehensive women's breast health services. The hospital was recognized with the 2008 and 2010 Premier Award for Quality.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs