Financial Clearance Specialist Job
Full Job Title: Financial Clearance Specialist
Job Number: 17008751
Facility: SSM Health DePaul Hospital
Location: Bridgeton, MO
- Enhances the overall patient care experience by minimizing wait times through efficient work processes and communication of delays, proactively meeting the patient needs, and utilizing the available tools and resources, as evidenced by patient satisfaction scores and leadership observations.
- Enhances effective operations of the department through participation in a minimum of 50% of department meetings, reads and initials minutes for meetings not attended, participation in process improvement activities to achieve goals as evidenced by attendance record and completed process improvement action items.
- Secures appropriate payment for services provided by the organization through verification of eligibility and specific benefits for procedures and services; coordination with physician office staff and third party payers to ensure precertification and notification requirements are met; accurate estimation, communication and collection of financial responsibility and/or financial programs to patients; ensuring timely follow up; and maintaining a consistent level of productivity avoiding levels of extremely high and very low productivity, as evidenced by the lack of denials, quality audits, key performance indictors and point of service collections.
- Demonstrates streamlined processes to maintain safety and quality through accurate patient identification, validates/updates Master Patient Index (MPI) according to departmental policy, protects personal health information, and accurately interprets physician orders, as evidenced by quality audits and reviews.
- Collaborates with departments and co-workers to enhance physician and patient satisfaction by utilizing available technologies to streamline verification and financial processes, reduce redundancy of information requested and monitor insurance verification issue/opportunities with third party payers, and provide feedback to direct manager for implementation of process improvement, as evidenced by quality audits and completed process improvement action items.
- Timely scheduling, pre-registration and registration of patient appointments as evidenced by quality audits and satisfaction surveys.
- Actively works denial report for open denials. Researches missing information and accurate insurance coverage and corrects accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and communicates them to leadership.
- High School or Equivalent (GED)
- Three years of medical office experience. Knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 and CPT coding, insurance precertification, insurance claims, and patient registration.
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs