Financial Analyst - Managed Care Analytics Job
Full Job Title: Financial Analyst - Managed Care Analytics
Job Number: 17008465
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Provides financial assistance to regional leaders and hospital management teams.
- Works with regional financial leaders and hospital leaders to ensure that financial team is maximizing its effectiveness to the individual hospitals and to the region as a whole.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction of the department by actively participating in staff meetings and offering assistance to others when needed.
- Creates a positive and efficient environment for co-workers by serving as a department resource and problem solver.
- Ensures compliance with established processes related to the following:
- Data integrity and reconciliation processes with managed care modeling software
- Preparation and self-review of contract negotiation modeling reporting package
- Preparation and self-review of quarterly Contract Performance report
- With supervision, perform the necessary contract modeling in order to develop the hospital rate schedules and physician fee schedules as part of the managed care contract negotiation process.
- Becomes proficient in the revenue cycle reporting tools to assist with identification or trending of revenue cycle opportunities.
- Documents and communicates revenue cycle opportunities identified through the contract modeling process to direct supervisor.
- Learns and grows in knowledge and understanding of reimbursement principles and contract interpretation.
- Participates in department and team meetings as needed in order to improve net revenue or processes related to the managed care modeling functions.
- Keeps supervisor informed of system malfunctions, problem areas, delays and other information integral to optimal performance.
- Completes special projects related to managed care reimbursement on ad hoc basis.
- 1-3 years of increasingly responsible experience in Financial Management, principally in health care and preferably in a provider environment
- Experience in non-provider health care setting (insurance, consulting) can be considered in lieu of provider experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's degree or CPA is preferred.
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs