Financial Analyst - Government Reimbursement Job
Full Job Title: Financial Analyst - Government Reimbursement
Job Number: 17009996
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Prepares workpapers for third party cost reports and completes the reports in their entirety in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for the completion of Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare audits & desk reviews. Prepares all documentation and correspondence for the audits & desk reviews as well as perform review of audit adjustments.
- Serves as a department resource for reporting needs related to the core work responsibilities. Participates in the standardization process of necessary reports.
- Prepares other third party filings as needed.
- Prepares the accruals related to third parties for month-end close.
- Performs peer review of third party month-end close accruals.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing to internal and external parties.
- Possesses knowledge of third party reimbursement aspects as it relates to patient level reimbursement and global hospital reimbursement.
- Grows in ability to perform regulatory research applicable to government reimbursement.
- Performs in a lead capacity to complete analytical and reimbursement projects.
- Assists in the activities of IL/MO governmental reimbursement teams, as needed, to provide consistent and accurate financial reporting and information across the IL/MO regions.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of system-wide and IL/MO workflows and reporting to provide value added financial services related to government reimbursement analysis.
- Completes special projects related to governmental reimbursement on ad hoc basis.
- Participates in department and team meetings as needed in order to improve net revenue or processes related to governmental reimbursement analytics.
- A minimum of 2 years of increasingly responsible experience in governmental reimbursement analysis, principally in health care and preferably in a provider environment.
- Experience in non-provider health care setting (insurance, consulting) can be considered in lieu of provider experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs