Energy Technician Job
Full Job Title: Energy Technician (Maintenance)
Job Number: 17007437
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Location: Mexico, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Nights
Hours: 11pm-7am and 7pm-7am
The Energy Technician, under the general direction of the Maintenance/Energy Supervisor, is responsible for those duties which contribute to the overall operation, maintenance, and repair of all support systems and equipment with emphasis on electrical distribution and supply systems/components throughout the Health Center complex and other entities.
- Operates emergency generator, as well as test and records results.
- Monitors levels of central medical gas systems such as compressed air, oxygen, nitrous oxide, etc. and replaces as necessary.
- Communicates and makes recommendations to department supervisor regarding potential problems associated with equipment operation.
- Fires boilers, operates auxiliary equipment, and controls the generation of continuous steam supply for heating, sterilization, humidification, and hot water.
- Performs service and preventative maintenance work on HVAC/plumbing and electrical systems. Makes necessary repairs or makes arrangements for same.
- Performs general maintenance such as replacing light bulbs, unclogging sinks/toilets, etc., as necessary.
- Makes periodic rounds throughout the Health Center complex to ensure proper operation of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and medical gas systems according to the boiler room schedule and rounds procedure.
- Keeps boiler room clean and orderly.
- Maintain established Health Center and department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, environmental and infection control; complies with codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Prioritizes situations to determine urgency and calmly follows proper channels to take action.
- Provides a thorough follow-up for parties as soon as possible.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three years progressive hospital experience or three years experience as an operating engineer. Graduation from a trade or technical college in a related may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
- Graduation from a trade or technical college in a related field is desirable and may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
- Universal CFC certification or stationary engineers license desirable. Class E driver's license preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs