Emergency Department Technician Job
Full Job Title: ED Technician
Job Number: 17009618
Facility: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Wentzville
Location: Wentzville, MO
Schedule: Full Time, 12 Hour Night
Hours: 7pm - 7am
- Contributes to overall quality and safe care for patients by answering patients' calls for help, taking their vital signs, and monitoring their behavior and physical condition for progress or deterioration as measured by patient satisfaction, quality audits, direct observation.
- Creates a positive patient experience by assisting patients with their activities of daily living including assisting with baths, ambulating, feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and unoccupied beds as measured by patient satisfaction quality audits and direct observation.
- Contributes to quality care and safety by assisting and performing procedures such as performing dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake and output of fluids.
- Contributes to exceptional patient satisfaction by establishing a compassionate environment by timely responses to patients' needs, open communication and providing emotional, psychological.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information via charting and communicating to team members.
- Contributes to achievement of exceptional health care by functioning as a member of the team as measured by active participation in department initiatives, unit meetings, committees and special projects.
- High School or equivalent (GED).
- Meets one of the following:
- Certified Nursing Assistant,
- Proof of completion of UAP Training Program (that meets requirements of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services) within last 3 years,
- Documented experience as nurse assistant, EMT, or surgical tech in the past 3 years,
- Enrolled in nursing education program and is within 90 days of completing fundamentals of nursing course,
- Was nursing licensure candidate who failed state licensure in the past 3 years
- Has completed nursing program outside the U.S. and is awaiting licensure examination in this country.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to
communicate with patients, staff and customers. Required
Certification – BLS
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Wentzville –
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Wentzville has been providing high-quality health care to residents in Lincoln, Montgomery, western St. Charles, and Warren counties since 1987. It offers comprehensive behavioral health services to seniors, adults and adolescents in our 77-bed inpatient unit, including a unit for developmentally disabled patients. This facility offers 24-hour emergency services that offers fast, high-quality care, and is able to see nine out of 10 patients in fewer than 30 minutes. Other outpatient services include imaging, laboratory, pulmonology and diagnostics.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs