Echocardiography Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Echocardiography Technologist
Job Number: 17008740
Facility: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital - Maryville
Location: Maryville, MO
Schedule: Occasional/Subs, Days
Hours: 7am - 3pm
The Echocardiography Technician performs diagnostic radiology and/or ultrasound procedures utilizing appropriate technical factors, clinical protocols and radiation safety measures in the Imaging Department, Surgery, Emergency Room and in-patient rooms.
- Demonstrates the philosophy and values of SSM Health Care. Performs all duties according to entity policies and procedures.
- Performs Echocardiograms, stress echos, and docutamine stress echos according to protocol set by the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
- Demonstrates above average knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and disease states as it pertains to ultrasound.
- Knowledge of the significance of ultrasound findings and the ability to make accurate preliminary reports to the reading physician.
- Ability to operate equipment to obtain ultrasound images of designated structures as ordered by physicians or set forth in established department procedures.
- Assists physicians in rendering medical diagnosis by producing high quality images. Assists the physician in performing invasive ultrasound procedures.
- Obtains and reviews patient's history, physical examination information and supporting clinical data to facilitate diagnostic results.
- Provides physician with a written summary of findings and technical factors encountered. Enters and ensures exams are charges appropriately.
- Transports patients to and from department.
- Performs limited preventative maintenance of equipment.
- High level of interpersonal /communication skill is required in order to effectively relate to department personnel, physicians, health care staff, clients, patients, and their families.
- Graduate of approved Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
Current ARDMS registry or CCI registry for Adult Echo
3 months - 1 year experience
Demonstrates competence performing adult echocardiograms.
About SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville is an 81-bed full-service, fully-accredited healthcare organization providing medical care to the residents of Northwest Missouri. As a rural hospital, St. Francis offers emergency, maternity, behavioral health, inpatient, and outpatient services to meet the needs of our community.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs