Full Job Title: Echo Cardiographer
Job Number: 17011827
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), Days
The Echo Cardiographer performs noninvasive cardiac testing. This includes, but is not limited to, the performance of age appropriate echocardiograms, transesophageal echocardiograms, and cardiac stress testing echocardiograms.
- Consistently assists in checking on families and keeping families informed of procedural progress.
- Regularly orders needed supplies and keeps lab and machines stocked for oncoming techs.
- Routinely performs echocardiograms on both inpatients and outpatients, including the critically ill patient and reports abnormal results to the cardiologist.
- Performs echo cardiac stress testing under the supervision of the physician.
- Accurately able to acquire stress images within a defined time limit.
- Regularly performs special procedures such as TEEs.
- Prepares echo studies for the physician by completing the preliminary report in a timely manner.
- Provides clear patient instruction on what to expect during the procedure. Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of tests and treatments.
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to ensure accuracy.
- Graduate of an accredited echocardiography program or ultrasound prepared tech with echo experience.
- RDMS or equivalent certification
- 1-2 years echo experience
About SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs