Director - Surgical Services Job
Full Job Title: Director Surgical Services
Job Number: 17009180
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Location: Mexico, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: Monday - Friday
The Director, Surgical Services administers the managerial function of setting objectives, planning, staffing and directing activities of the department. Consults with and advises Administration of problems related to the operation of the department; recommends changes in policies to carry out Health Center objectives more effectively. Ensures the efficient, economic and quality performance of the department to support or provide quality health care services. Responsible for the department's overall delivery of proactive customer service. Provides and maintains effective communications with medical staff, the community, and all levels of supervision and staff.
- Attends meetings as determined.
- Participates in strategic planning
- Human Resource Management
- Budget/financial Management.
- Oversees specific department scope of service (ensures standards are maintained).
- Oversees Staff Competence.
- Participates in committee's as needed.
- Problem solving customer concerns as needed.
- Staff growth and development.
- Fiscal and personnel management.
- Staff growth and development (To include competencies, counseling, recruitment, retention, etc.)
- BSN required within one (1) year of hire. Master's required within four (4) years of hire.
- Current RN licensure in state of Missouri
- BLS certification
- Three to five years experience as a professional nurse, including two years recent acute care experience in Surgical Services.
- Minimum of one year successful management/supervisor experience OR experience as a professional nurse in which potential administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated.
- Computer experience required.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain opened in 1918 as Audrain Medical Center. Today, the 89-bed community hospital offers a range of services including emergency care, cardiology services, medical imaging, men's health services, women and child services, and diabetes education. The hospital features the J.B. & Greta B. Arthur Cancer Center, the Jordan-Waters Heart Center and Healthworks Rehabilitation services.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs