Clinical Systems Engineer Job
Full Job Title: Clinical Systems Engineer
Job Number: 17008387
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8am-4:30 pm
- Conducts independent work in support of all phases of the clinical technology lifecycle.
- Manages a limited number of simple individual projects, including sub-projects within a program.
- Monitors emerging technologies; reports healthcare-related technology trends; assesses new healthcare related technologies.
- Assists with the development of equipment and systems configurations in consultation with user groups and strategic partners.
- Assists with consultative support in the development of service contracts; data analysis, technology assessments and forecasts.
- Assists with the deployment of clinical technology in new and existing care delivery environments; provides technical and environmental requirements; assists with the reviews of facility construction plans; assists with the reviews of start-up equipment lists; assists with equipment installations as needed.
- Assists with system assessment, design, implementation, and support strategy for clinical technology IT networks and integration within service areas, regions, and/or across the enterprise.
- Represents HTM at the Technology Risk Assessment and IT Ops meetings when applicable projects are being reviewed and discussed.
- Responsible for assigned HTM-managed applications, ensuring they experience minimal downtime, receive required patches and updates, and data is managed properly.
- Participates in medical device integration projects (integration with Epic, other devices/systems, software and/or network) Assists with identifying integration and middleware needs.
- Promotes the implementation of information technology related policies and procedures for the security of patient health information.
- Coordinates initial and subsequent information technology related risk assessments on medical devices and systems, utilizing IHT's Technical Risk Assessment process, to ensure patient health information is adequately protected at the entity.
- Coordinates with appropriate operational and IT security resources to assess any potential information technology related IT risks/breach at the entity related to medical devices and systems.
- Supports system-wide applications and their associated servers, such as Intelispace Portal, Intelibridge, Stanley/AeroScout RTLS system, Capsultech interface servers, Barco Web QA server, etc.
- Associate's degree or Diploma School program required
- 2 years of experience required
- Must have basic project management, communication and financial skills and the ability to lead a limited number of simple projects, including sub-projects within a program.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs