Clinical Manager Job
Full Job Title: Clinical Manager - Specialities - Beaver Dam/Whitewater
Job Number: 16015438
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Beaver Dam
Location: Beaver Dam, WI
Schedule: Full Time
SSM Health Dean Medical Group is one of the largest integrated healthcare delivery systems in the country. Established in 1904 and headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Dean provides medical and health services through a network of clinics located throughout Southern Wisconsin.
At Dean Medical Group, we are committed to improving the health of our community and being one of the best providers of healthcare in the country. Our goal is to provide unsurpassed quality and compassionate care to every patient, every time. If your first priority is to provide the very best customer service to those you serve, apply today!
The Clinical Manager, under the direction of the Operations Administrator, is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for a defined group of departments and staff. This position is responsible for assuring excellent patient care, customer service and clinical outcomes. The Clinical Manager works with staff to plan, develop and implement changes to existing operational and health care processes to meet current and future clinic services needs. Accountable for managing, coordinating and planning patient care and business services functions and activities, which include; assuring that a high quality of patient care and satisfaction standards are achieved, adherence of established medical practice standards and proficiency, voice operations, reception, registration, scheduling, frontline patient services and accounts receivable, and physician scheduling protocol management to include outreach site coordination. Decision making in order to manage daily functions and work toward continuous improvement in a team environment is a crucial element of this position. This position is for both Beaver Dam and Fort Atkinson Specialty Clinics. May be home based at either site, whichever is closer to employee.
1. Manages the clinical and business daily operations for defined departments, which will include the hiring, documenting performance and discipline, performance evaluation and mentoring of staff, as well as competence assessment.
2. Maintains a cost effective, adequate non-physician staffing plan.
3. Provides input into physician recruitment and planning.
4. Participates in and monitors customer service activities. Receives, researches, and performs service recovery for patients.
5. Manages the critical functions that form the foundation of the Dean Revenue Cycle.
6. Participates in the development of operating budget, as well as monitoring and meeting annual budget assumptions.
7. Keeps Administrators informed of issues and/or concerns.
8. Anticipates the need for change and manages the process of change.
9. Monitors and maintains all established business standards.
10. Creates and maintains an environment conducive to lifelong learning.
1. Oversees the utilization of space so that resources are used to full capacity. Participates in the development of new space or the reutilization of current space.
2. Responsible for working with Administration in setting and maintaining the standards of clinical care.
3. Works in conjunction with care delivery teams to improve the quality of care through the collection, analysis and use of data for improvement projects.
4. Works in collaboration with Administration to design and manage care delivery model that ensures all providers and staff are working to their highest level of training, education, licensure and/or certification.
5. Responsible for the success of care delivery teams either through direct facilitation or mentoring of members.
6. Responsible for the operational redesign of care delivery teams, which will include evaluation, standardization and implementation of cost effective and efficient work for assigned departments.
1. Successful implementation of work plans. Creates an environment where patient focused care is clearly defined. Participates in and leads site teams and work group meeting as needed.
1. Develops and maintains effective partnerships with physician leaders to effectively implement work plans.
2. Coordinates local communication to physicians, advanced practitioners, and non-physician employees.
3. Acts as an administrative liaison to designated medical departments.
4. Integrates the use of telephonic and electronic communication devices and techniques that supports patients, staff, and physicians.
5. Work collaboratively with Specialty, Clinic, and Business management, as well as Clinic Administrators to ensure innovative and exceptional quality care is delivered.
6. Maintains an effective working relationship with related hospitals, clinics, community agencies and vendors.
7. Assist in the development of new services lines and/or programs.
1. Bachelor's Degree with relevant clinical experience and 3 or more years of management experience or demonstrated leadership skills OR an Associate Degree with relevant clinical experience and a minimum of 7 years of management or demonstrated leadership skills. Those candidates with an Associate Degree will be required to complete a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field within 3 years of their start date in this role.*
2. Proven organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, including the ability to resolve complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
3. Effective communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to present oneself and one's ideas with clarity, confidence and poise.
4. Strong leadership, team building and project management skills.
5. Experience with fiscal management.
6. Ability to use various computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
1. Experience with a medical office practice and associated data collection analysis.
2. Registered Nurse or other health care training experience.
3. Previous experience with medical informatics.
4. Experience with process improvement.
5. Previous experience in specialty assigned.
6. Experience in clinical outcomes.
7. RN/Clinical Experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The ability to enter and retrieve information from a personal computer.
2. The ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, clients, payers, physicians, patients, community leaders and vendors.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs