Clinical Laboratory Technician Job
Full Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Technician
Job Number: 17009152
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time, 10 Hour Day, Nights
- Technical Functions: a. Performs routine and stat analyses as assigned to provide accurate and timely results. b. Participates in established quality control program and follows through appropriately if problem is identified. c. Follows written policies and procedures for use and maintenance of lab equipment and supplies, keeping current on changes. d. Assists in data collection for use in the evaluation of new or the revision of existing methods or procedures. e. Assists in bench instruction/teaching or orientation of routine procedures as assigned. f. Draws blood from adult, pediatric and/or infant patients using proper identification and collection techniques.
- Knowledge: Demonstrates adequate knowledge of all aspects of the job.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills: Maintains communication with staff and follow-up with Supervisor appropriately as section needs indicate. Communicates pertinent information and works collaboratively with all internal and external customers. Communicates with customers (both in and out of the hospital), staff and supervisors in a courteous manner to create a positive image of helpfulness and cooperation.
- Customer Service: Follows through with customer concerns and/or requests from customers related to Laboratory section assigned.
- Problem Solving: Follows existing protocols in recognizing and initiates follow through with appropriate staff, technical specialists or supervisor.
- Teamwork and Flexibility: Works effectively as a team member, contributing to the overall efficiency and harmonious working relationships of the section/shift and department. Adapts to change which includes but is not limited to procedures, workflow, equipment and schedules to meet the clinical laboratory needs requested by our customers.
- Process Improvement and CQI : Completes/files occurrence reports and participates in the Laboratory Quality Improvement Program to continuously improve the overall quality of laboratory services.
- Continuing Education: Maintains skills and knowledge at the competency level required for the position and for maintenance of certification.
- Competency: Independently completes Laboratory and Hospital wide competencies by required completion dates.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Assumes charge duties when appointed. Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the section and section personnel, and calls Staff in to work, as needed.
- An Associate degree in a clinical laboratory technician program inclusive of a clinical practicum.
- CLT/MLT (ASCP) or equivalent certification.
- May require specific experience for the section, shift or technical requirements of the position.
St. Mary's Hospital – Madison –
St. Mary's is a 440-bed tertiary referral hospital offering inpatient and outpatient treatment and diagnostic services in primary care and nearly all specialties. Medical/surgical areas of special focus include the Family Birth Center, pediatrics, Neuroscience Center, geriatrics, orthopedics, emergency services and more. St. Mary's is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine's three-year family practice residency program. Since 1912, St. Mary's has provided service to much of south-central Wisconsin including Dane County and 17 other nearby counties. In the growing city of Sun Prairie, northeast of Madison, St. Mary's Emergency Clinic provides services to more than 30,000 residents.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs