Clinical Dietitian Job
Full Job Title: Clinical Dietitian
Job Number: 17012276
Facility: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Location: St. Louis, MO
Performs under the general supervision of the Clinical Nutrition Manager and is responsible for overseeing the nutrition care of patients by functioning as the nutrition specialist of the health care team. Follows established policies and procedures, screens for nutrition risk and assesses patients using the nutrition care process. Develops and coordinates care plans and patient/family education. Provides outpatient nutrition services to the community to foster good health and nutrition. Participates in interdisciplinary teams. Develops and conducts education programs.
- Enhances overall patient care experience by performing clinical nutrition functions accurately and timely using critical thinking and analytical skills to provide evidence-based nutrition care. Participates as a high functioning team member by anticipating and resolving nutrition care issues (i.e. food service, nursing, physician, speech therapy).
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction of the department by actively participating in staff meetings, offering assistance to others when needed, helping co-workers reach goals, coaching others when necessary, communicating effectively and being flexible with work assignments.
- Enhances exceptional clinical nutrition outcomes by following all aspects of the nutrition care process (i.e. assess, nutrition diagnose, intervene, monitor, evaluate).
- Contributes to the overall financial performance of the department through efficient unit operations by maintaining expected productivity goals and wise utilization of resources (i.e. office supplies, nutritional products, time management).
- Bachelor's degree in Dietetics from ADA accredited program; read, write, speaks and understands English.
- Registration and licensure required
- Related experience
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis, Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the children living in them.Our love for kids just keeps on growing!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs