Clinic Representative - Nephrology Job
Full Job Title: Clinic Representative - Nephrology
Job Number: 17010649
Facility: Saints Medical Group
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible)
- Answer and correctly route all incoming calls and respond appropriately to inquiries and request for information.
- Schedule referrals as directed by the physician to other physicians and/or ancillary services. Schedule appointments. Contact insurance carriers when appropriate for pre-certifications and referrals.
- Greet patients and other individuals with clinic business. Direct patients and/or visitors to various clinic areas or to hospital departments. Assure cleanliness and organization of waiting room.
- Enter patient information on all new patients as well as periodic updating of established patient accounts regarding address, charges incurred, insurance, etc.
- Maintain patient charts and medical records. Photocopy medical records and send out when authorized. Receive and distribute mail 10240040
- Gather data for monthly statistical report. Communicate errors in billing and/or other information to supervisor, and make recommendation for correction.
- Supervise and evaluate office assistants; hold monthly staff meetings. Monitor office supplies in work area to ensure adequate inventory level and advise supervisor of malfunctioning office equipment.
- Collect copayment. Communicate in a professional manner to business and industries regarding all outstanding invoices, initiate and make payment arrangements to minimize loss in revenue.
- Review insurance verification and advise patient of third party benefits. Explain third party and self-pay portion of bills to patients and/or guarantor.
- Evaluate financial status of patients accounts, initiate and make payment arrangements according to the workers' compensation payment and insurance regulation, and maintain a continuous follow up process on all accounts to minimize loss in revenue.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous office experience in a physician's office or other health care setting preferred.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs