Clinic Nurse Job
Full Job Title: Clinic Nurse - Peds and Internal Medicine
Job Number: 17006146
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Location: Mexico, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Responsible for providing health care services in the clinical setting. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Provides appropriate patient care. Assists with general patient preparation, assists providers, and performs day-to-day business office activities and collection responsibilities.
- Maintains the medical record including confidentiality and documentation of all care provided.
- Completes visit assessment documenting all elements of patient assessment.
- Educates and provides call back to patients and families regarding care, procedures, referrals, test results and medications. Helps to manage timeliness of In-basket.
- Demonstrates ability to set-up and perform clinic-specific procedures to include operation of equipment per policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to perform clinic-specific quality control, lab testing, phlebotomy, and completion of logs.
- Demonstrates medication knowledge, storage, documentation and administration per policy and procedure.
- Able to schedule appointments and/or referrals and complete prior- authorization process to meet the needs of the clinic patient.
- Assumes additional responsibilities to meet regulatory compliance such as Infection Control, Joint Commission and Rural Health.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Successful completion of a License Practical Nurse program.
- Current Missouri License as a Licensed Practical Nurse. American Heart Association BLS certification within 3 months of hire.
- Minimum one year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use computers proficiently and other office equipment (fax machine, copy machine, typewriter and other equipment as required).
- Able to function effectively in stressful situations and flexibility in daily prioritizing of tasks. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs