Chargemaster Coordinator Job
Full Job Title: Chargemaster Coordinator
Job Number: 17014481
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Creates a well-informed network and facilitate downstream system adjustments by communicating all maintenance and regulatory changes implemented into the chargemaster to all effected stakeholders timely and with thorough explanation or interpretation when necessary.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction of the department by actively participating in assigned meetings and offering assistance to others as needed
- Maintains the integrity of the SSM Instance regional chargemaster data sets by processing maintenance requests following standard protocols and acquiring continued education on the functionality capabilities of the chargemaster maintenance software with follow through to implementation.
- Maintains a compliant chargemaster by understanding the constant and continued regulatory and billing changes and implementing those affecting the SSM Instance chargemaster timely and efficiently.
- Contributes to the continued optimization of EPIC by serving on teams and participating in projects.
- Enhances the understanding of the SSM Instance chargemaster, chargemaster references, chargemaster technology, and the chargemaster's role in the revenue cycle by serving as a liaison, resource, and educator to the revenue generating departments in all the SSM Instance facilities and all effected stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in CDM maintenance, government billing of hospital claims, IP/OP charging and coding, government reimbursement or other revenue cycle function.
- Bachelor's degree is required (Nursing, Health Information or related healthcare concentration), with certification in Nursing (RN, BSN) or Coding (CCS/RHIT/RHIA) preferred.
- Achievement of EPIC certification in Charge Description Master Management is required within one year of hire.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – St. Louis –
The 525-bed SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the Saint Louis University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis offers a wide variety of outpatient services, including cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, high-risk obstetrics and comprehensive women's breast health services. The hospital was recognized with the 2008 and 2010 Premier Award for Quality.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs