Certified Sterile Processing Technician Job
Full Job Title: Sterile Processing Tech Certified
Job Number: 17008955
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Mid
- Creates a positive patient care environment through thorough cleaning, decontamination, inspection, and sterilization of surgical instruments and accurate assembly of instrumentation trays.
- Contributes to employee satisfaction by collaborating and problem solving with members of the OR Staff and other departments and collaborates with team members to accomplish department objectives.
- Contributes to the satisfaction of the nursing staff and physicians by accurately assembling surgical instrumentation trays, providing requested information and delivering instruments to the OR as requested by OR staff.
- Creates an environment of safe, quality care by providing clean, disinfected and sterilized instrumentation, monitoring expiration dates of disposable supplies and by following proper infection control measures and JCAHO and OSHA guidelines.
- Contributes to the financial well-being and stewardship of the organization by treating instruments and equipment carefully and according to manufacturers' recommendations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 months to 1 year of experience
- Effective September 1, 2010 Certification (CRCST) is required or must be obtained within 1 year of employment. Certified employees hired prior to September 1, 2010 are required to maintain an active CRCST status.
- Hospital Central Service Management
- Certification or certification eligible by the International Association
The 525-bed SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the Saint Louis University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis offers a wide variety of outpatient services, including cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, high-risk obstetrics and comprehensive women's breast health services. The hospital was recognized with the 2008 and 2010 Premier Award for Quality.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs