Certified Sterile Processing Technician Job
Full Job Title: Sterile Processing Tech Certified
Job Number: 17009104
Facility: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis
Location: Lake St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Creates a positive patient care environment through thorough cleaning, decontamination, inspection, and sterilization of surgical instruments and accurate assembly of instrumentation trays.
- Contributes to employee satisfaction by collaborating and problem solving with members of the OR Staff and other departments and collaborates with team members to accomplish department objectives.
- Contributes to the satisfaction of the nursing staff and physicians by accurately assembling surgical instrumentation trays, providing requested information and delivering instruments to the OR as requested by OR staff.
- Creates an environment of safe, quality care by providing clean, disinfected and sterilized instrumentation, monitoring expiration dates of disposable supplies and by following proper infection control measures and JCAHO and OSHA guidelines.
- Contributes to the financial well-being and stewardship of the organization by treating instruments and equipment carefully and according to manufacturers' recommendations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Certification or certification eligible by the International Association of Hospital Central
- 3 months to 1 year of experience
- Effective September 1, 2010 Certification (CRCST) is required or must be obtained within 1 year of employment. Certified employees hired prior to September 1, 2010 are required to maintain an active CRCST status
- Service Management is preferred.
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - Lake Saint Louis is the leading provider of health-care services for western St. Charles, Warren and Lincoln counties. The 122-bed hospital is a state-designated Level III trauma center, and specializes in obstetric and pediatric services. It offers emergency services, SSM Health Cancer Care, SSM Health Orthopedics, and SSM Health Pain Care among many other inpatient and outpatient health care services. In 2014, it was named one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics and made Becker's Hospital Review's list of 100 Great Community Hospitals.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs