Certified Medical Assistant - Weight Management Services Job
Full Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant - Weight Management Services
Job Number: 17008549
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Location: Centralia, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Days
The CMA provides quality patient care specific to the age of the patient population served in the practice. He/she ensures that quality care is provided in an efficient and safe manner, consistent with the office's standard of care. The CMA shall provide patient care according to the office protocol.
- Consistently collects clinical information for provider by interviewing patients at each visit and accurately recording information in chart, obtaining vital signs and documenting properly, collecting clinical information from agencies, referring providers, hospital departments, etc. and prepares reports for provider to review.
- Routinely performs duties by assisting with patient exams, procedures and office surgeries, preparing exam rooms for specific procedures, administering injections and properly collecting lab specimens, maintaining appropriate log books and pharmaceutical sample cabinets, and by performing phlebotomy skills as indicated upon completion of training and competency.
- Regularly provides patient care by providing patient health education, notifying patients of test results, returning patient telephone calls and correctly answering general medical questions, relaying medical advice ordered by provider to patients, scheduling patients for testing and procedures, calling or transmitting prescriptions to pharmacies as delegated by provider, and by calling provider orders to the hospital.
- Routinely maintains exam rooms by cleaning/stocking exam rooms, ordering supplies as necessary, and preparing instruments for sterilization.
- Maintains patient medical record by verifying patient information upon each visit including: last name, address, insurance information, and guarantor, filing/scanning all documents into the correct patient's medical record and in the proper location of that record, providing new patients with required registration forms for completion, and by collecting appropriate insurance information for patient files.
- Accurately schedules patient appointments by collecting correct information from patient by telephone or in person, scheduling appointments according to office policy, and canceling appointments as requested.
- Processes incoming telephone calls by answering the phone and directing call to the appropriate person, taking accurate messages and delivering to the appropriate person, and completing applicable screening tool and giving to clinical staff.
- Assists in the billing process by collecting and posting payments for services, balancing cash drawer by counting cash on a daily basis, preparing superbills with proper information prior to appointment, updating patient demographic and financial information at each visit, and by entering hospital and office charges, if applicable.
- Accurately services patients by supplying correct information to insurance companies, maintaining confidentiality of patient information at all times, and by releasing patient information only if appropriate consent is obtained.
- Routinely conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient charts and collecting additional information such as lab results, diagnostic testing, and Primary Care Physician Notes as indicated from chart review.
- Educates patients with general instructions when scheduling surgery. Prepares forms and instructs patients on (Pre and Post) procedures; follows up with patients prior to surgical date to ensure accuracy of patient compliance.
- Collects and records accurate telephone information and relays it to medical provider or clinical staff in a timely manner. Information could be related to prescription refills, lab orders, pathology forms, etc.
- Medical Assistant Program or Associate Degree
- Medical Assistant Program Certification
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs