Cath Laboratory Technician Job
Full Job Title: Cath Lab Technician
Job Number: 17013803
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: 630am- 3pm
The Cath Lab Technician is responsible for assisting the physician during procedures; collecting, recording, and interpreting data; assisting in patient transportation; maintaining an advanced knowledge of all equipment and assisting in the delivery of patient care in the Cath Lab. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient group of: 1Infant. 2 Pediatric, 3 Adolescent, 4 Adult, 5 Geriatric.
- Verbalizes knowledge of cardiac disease and treatment modalities.
- Assists in patient transportation. Preps patients, assures proper consent forms are signed and prepares paperwork.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge in operation of all CCL and equipment. Maintains physiologic and hemodynamic monitoring equipment, informs the Charge Nurse and/or Director of any problems.
- Performs scrub tech and monitor tech functions, including preparation of CCL and equipment for appropriate procedures.
- Maintains hemostasis after sheath removal post procedure. Instructs patient on post-catheterization care and restrictions.
- Restocks and prepares room for next case in conjunction with the other team members. Keeps the Director/Charge Nurse informed as to any needed supplies.
- Assists in orienting new personnel.
- Enters patient charges at end of shift and completes charge reconciliation. The following day identifies charge errors and immediately addresses with patient accounts.
- Performs daily quality control checks as assigned.
- Assists Director with data collection as requested.
- High school diploma with 2 years of experience in a medically related field, i.e., respiratory therapy, EMT / Paramedic, cardiology technician, etc
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire. ACLS certification within 6 months of hire.
- Graduate of an accredited cardiovascular or surgical technology program
- Previous Cath lab or scrub tech experience
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs