Case Manager-LPN Job
Full Job Title: Case Manager, LPN
Job Number: 17013101
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Per Diem
- Interview and document findings to assist with developing discharge plan. Apply on line InterQual (CERMe) as required. Refer all questionable utilization cases to the RN Case Manager for direction and discussion. Prioritize caseload according to changes in the patient's discharge needs and as directed by the RN Case Manager.
- Comply with national and state compliance standards. Such as providing a list for patient selection and documenting outcome of selection.
- Attend and actively participate in departmental multidisciplinary, discharge planning meetings. Monitor utilization of resources and services in a quality-conscious manner and in relation to covered services and length-of-stay parameters. Negotiate the utilization and coverage of services with other stakeholders.
- Assist patients in benefits management to include proactive negotiation with third-party payers and agencies to optimize payment of services rendered for alternative cost-effective levels of care to activate client needs and interests. Assume a global perspective with regard to the fiscal well-being of the patient, the organization, network and the health care system.
- Promote safe, competent discharge planning communicating directly with patient and family to remove any unexpected barriers to a smooth, safe and positive discharge transition. Assuring all questions are answered by the patient and family. Consult with Social Worker, BS to facilitate difficult discharges, nursing home discharges, and other social issues.
- Maintain clinical information gathered from concurrent or retrospective review of the medical record and compares to approved standards, pathways or protocols. And input into on line InterQual (CERMe). Write orders to assist the Care Management team to obtain post discharge services.
- Participate actively in the collection and analysis of outcome data, e.g., quality, length-of-stay, cost and charge, and identify and make recommendations for improvement within a designated patient population or service line. Monitor length of stay and assist to maintain designed geometric mean length of stay (GLOS).
- Serve as a resource and hospital liaison to patients/families, physicians, the health care team and external organizations with regard to the case management program, available health care resources, appropriate level of care and financial issues. Contribute to the development, monitoring and evaluation of the department performance improvement plans.
- Demonstrate respect for self and always respects the rights and dignity of others. Recognize patient rights by providing for confidentiality of patient information and by reporting ethical issues through appropriate processes. Accountable for own learning needs and seeks opportunities to increase competencies and to receive feedback.
- Function as a liaison for patients and families for their payer pan, knowledgeable about Medicare and Medicaid regulations. Educate nursing staff and physicians about case management programs.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Two years of recent clinical experience in health care as a licensed practical nurse.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs