Cardiac Monitor Technician Job
Full Job Title: Cardiac Monitor Tech
Job Number: 17011791
Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Part Time (Benefit Eligible), 12 Hour Night, 8 Hour Night
Hours: 7pm-7am, 11pm-7am
Under supervision of the Director, and in collaboration withother health care professionals, ensure continuous monitoring of cardiacrhythms by observing cardiac monitors; maintain all records and reports ofrhythm strips in accordance with the established nursing standards andprocedures.
- Account for all telemetry transmitters at the beginning of each shift. Notify Director of any transmitters unaccounted for. Maintain transmitter log, the locations of each transmitter (BioMed, Spacelabs, etc.) each shift.
- Assess and provide input to leadership team regarding supply stock levels/equipment in keeping with patient care needs and cost containment. Utilize time and supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assist with orientation/cross-training of new personnel on the unit. Act as a mentor and/or resource person to new or developing employees. Maintain and enhance arrhythmia analysis skills by participation in education activities. Provide input regarding personal or unit educational needs.
- Handle and operate cardiac monitors, printers, and other equipment properly and carefully as recommended in user's manual, with the ability to recognize and report wear or malfunction to Biomedical Engineer and Director.
- Operate central monitor/work station and accessories in a competent manner. Utilize varied functions and capabilities of central monitor station equipment by successfully completing orientation checklist. Utilize automated processes and clinical information systems appropriately and efficiently. Assist with general clerical duties as needed.
- Provide immediate information to nursing personnel of change in cardiac monitor status. Notify charge nurse, and follow established policy, if nurse does not immediately place patient back on monitor.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Completion of Hospital Basic Arrhythmia MonitorTechnician Examination with a score of 80% or greater.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver)
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
AboutSSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. AnthonyHospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898,is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma,as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliatenetwork of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenientemergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of themetropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St.Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the OklahomaQuality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Awardfor High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranksSt. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higherthan local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs