CT Technologist Job
Full Job Title: Fill In CT Technologist
Job Number: 17003152
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Fish Hatchery
Location: Madison, WI
The Fill In Registered Technologist CT (R.T.R.) performs CT procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail; performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement, with ingenuity and initiative to apply ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis; may have individual responsibility for specified CT procedures and may be assigned duties as needed. Must be flexible to work on an as needed basis and may be required to travel to sites where needed.
1. Reviews patient request for history, type of procedures requested, identify any errors, omissions and/or unnecessary routine procedures, and notify proper personnel of such
2. For certain procedures, check for appropriate signed consent forms and history of previous reactions to contrast media; have chart available to record contrast injections for invasive procedures
3. Summons patient, verifies patient's name, identifies procedure requested, checks for possibility of pregnancy in female patients and escorts patients to and from procedure area
4. Uses communication skills effectively with patients and their family members, medical staff and other health care professionals; establishes rapport with patient during introductions and throughout the performance of procedures
5. Evaluates each patient's physical condition to determine types of assistance needed to get patient positioned properly with minimal discomfort
6. Anticipates potential problems and directs patients accordingly to avoid them (e.g., removal of prosthesis, jewelry, potential artifacts).
7. Provides explanations to gain patient's understanding and cooperation; provides reasons for such things as making requests of patients, delays, etc.
8. Provides clear, concise explanations with an appropriate level of detail; uses language appropriate to the listener; uses proper diction to be easily understood, never uses slang or inappropriate jargon
9. During actual procedure, review CT control panel to assure proper technique, utilize proper positioning, provide protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards and instruct patient in proper respiration methods. Possess a workable knowledge of equipment necessary to perform all CT procedures.
10. Follows departmental guidelines to assure the safety and comfort of all patients, and to maintain a neat, clean, quality controlled environment
11. Communicates with Radiologist or determine according to history, use and amount of contrast media, location and slice thickness for scan.
12. Be proficient in the use and administration of invasive contrast media.
13. Continuously monitors patients throughout procedures; notifies physicians immediately of reactions or problems
14. Processes Laser films, verifies accuracy of patient demographic information and any required technical information, checks technical quality of films and submits for radiologist's review and interpretation
15. Produces film with sufficient resolution, density, and penetration and includes complete anatomic area of interest, without artifact, to provide all required diagnostic information
16. Prepares neat, accurate records and enters required information into computer and is proficient in scheduling patient examinations
17. Cooperates as a team with other medical imaging staff members and clinic personnel (i.e. stocking supplies, LPH rooms), assisting with clerical and filing duties, etc.
18. Demonstrates reliability by adhering to department policies and procedures with regard to attendance and punctuality
19. Observes common rules of courtesy and discretion
20. Maintains a calm, professional demeanor; keeps composure under stressful conditions; handles personnel and procedural problems in an objective manner
21. Communicates a professional image through the use of appropriate non-verbal behavior and proper attire
22. Attends meetings, seminars and educational functions within and external to the department
23. Maintain registry status
24. Maintain certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
25. Conforms to appropriate infection control policies in their contacts with patients and with blood and body fluids (i.e. practice good Universal Precautions).
1. High school diploma or equivalent with completion of formal radiologic technology
2. Wisconsin State licensure.
3. Demonstrates flexibility to meet department needs on short notice.
4. Adapts easily to the workflow of the different departments
5. Available to work a flexible schedule on short notice.
6. Ability to work at least one shift in a 90 day period or as designated per department
7. Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
1. Additional training in CT.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
2. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
3. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer.
4. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when working lab equipment, writing, computer (greater than 4 hours per day) or phone tasks.
5. Ability to occasionally lift or push/pull boxes, supplies or objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Occasionally push/pull boxes, film supplies or objects up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Frequently manipulate department related equipment, such as the CT scanner or movable table. Frequent patient handling tasks are performed, such as transfers from wheelchair to exam carts or manipulation of patients during the exam.
6. Ability to work with and to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with bloodborne pathogens or other chemicals.
7. Ability to safely wear a respirator and perform CPR.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs