CRNA - Bone & Joint Job
Full Job Title: CRNA I - Bone & Joint Hospital
Job Number: 17008145
Facility: Bone and Joint Hospital LLC
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Schedule: Per Diem, PRN, Varied
Administers anesthesia under direction and supervision of surgeon.
- Reviews schedule and administers anesthesia to patients assigned.
- Makes preop evaluations on all patients assigned to his/her care. Studies chart for results of history and physical, medical consults, and preop tests, to determine probable effects of anesthesia on the patient, and takes appropriate actions to correct abnormalities if possible. Initiates EKG, blood pressure and pulse oximeter monitors prior to induction.
- Assists in positioning patient on operating table, taking care to protect the patient from injury.
- Induces anesthesia on direction of attending surgeon.
- Administers anesthesia under direction and supervision of surgeon. Supports life functions during the administration of anesthesia, including induction and intubation. Maintains anesthesia at appropriate levels. Administers no more than one anesthetic at a time.
- Provides appropriate pre-anesthesia and post-anesthesia management of the patient.
- Recognizes and takes appropriate corrective action (including requisitioning consultation when necessary) for abnormal patient responses to anesthesia or to any adjuctive medication or therapy. Provides professional observation and resuscitative care (including requesting consultation when necessary) until the patient has regained control of his vital functions. Provide other forms of patient care, such as emergency intubation, inhalation therapy, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation as needed.
- Record all pertinent data on the anesthesia record. Inform PACU nurse of patient's condition and any expected problems. Keep surgeon informed of patient's condition at all times.
- Assists in transporting patient to PACU. Remains with patient in PACU until PACU nurse is capable of assuming care.
- Assembles necessary supplies and equipment needed, and tests equipment to assure proper function prior to commencing anesthesia. Disassembles and cleans equipment according to policies of the department. Requisition necessary equipment, supplies, adjustments and repairs.
- Perform other related duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse (RN) with Advanced Practice certification as a CRNA-Certified RN Anesthetist with prescriptive authority (APRN/Rx).
- Current certification with the National Board of Certification & Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider) and ACLS.
- Must successfully complete the credentialing process and obtain unrestricted Nurse Anesthetist privileges at St. Anthony Hospital prior to start date.
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend.Click here to register today!
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs