Full Job Title: CFO - Clay County Hospital
Job Number: 17008609
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia
Location: Centralia, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Reporting to the President Clay County Hospital, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the maintaining and protecting the net assets of Clay County Hospital (CCH), a SSM Health managed facility. The CFO will make recommendations, monitor and implement steps to attain the financial objectives of CCH in accordance with the Board of Directors directives and in accordance with SSM Health's Mission, Philosophy and Policies, and sound financial practices and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Develops policies and formula to establish hospital-wide pricing policies. Develops and implements financial strategies to optimize reimbursement from all payers. Recommends strategies for arrangements with HMOs, PPOs and similar entities and works with Director of PHO and other interdisciplinary members to negotiate contracts accordingly.
- Reviews and assesses hospital investment policies and makes recommendations; invests hospital funds to maintain appropriate liquidity levels and optimizes investment returns in line with acceptable credit risks.
- Establishes internal controls to safeguard hospital assets and revenues in accordance with sound financial practices; Monitors financial performance of hospitals and monitors adherence to hospital policies that impact financial outcomes and internal controls.
- Requests information from departments that are required to ascertain the hospitals' financial effectiveness and/or compliance; Assesses IRS requirements and complies with all filing and reporting requirements. Attends Board meetings and makes presentations at Board meetings as requested by CEO.
- Assumes responsibility for the timely preparation of financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Assumes responsibility for the timely filing of third party payer reports and directs the preparation of all cost reports. Establishes and maintains a cost accounting system that will minimally allow the hospitals to determine on a selective basis cost of major DRGs and major procedures by major third party payers.
- Determines the adequacy of present and future (projected) gross and net revenues and excess revenue over expenses and determines adequacy of present and future (projected) departmental contribution margins (including negative contribution margins of non-revenue producing departments) to attain objectives and makes recommendations to the CEO.
- Master's degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field; or Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years of healthcare finance experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an accomplished healthcare leader.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs