Business Intelligence Tools Administrator Job
Full Job Title: Business Intelligence Tools Administrator
Job Number: 17009749
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Corporate Office
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8 am- 5pm
The Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Administrator is responsible for the overall health of the BI Reporting Tool environments. This includes QlikView, QlikSense, NPrinting, SAP Business Objects Enterprise, SAP Crystal Reports, APOS, SAS, and other analytical tools. This position is responsible for all phases of BI Tool Administration including: daily monitoring of servers and systems, standardization, security, scheduling, system maintenance, upgrade support, problem resolution, and end user support.
1. Utilize the application monitoring tools to ensure services are operational and available for use by both developers and customers. Perform basic troubleshooting tasks if services are not operational (e.g., restart services); engage BI & IT staff if services require rebooting or further troubleshooting.
2. Utilize the BI auditing tools to monitor server and system performance. Analyze servers for memory constraints by monitoring long running reports and evaluate whether additional memory is required. Coordinate with BI & IT staff as memory needs arise..
3. Utilize application monitoring tools to review usage and trends and recommend license changes.
4. Promote, migrate and upgrade applications between development and production environments. Create jobs/tasks, schedule, and set up applications for automated refreshes.
5. Coordinate with BI & IT staff to perform routine maintenance on the BI Tool environments, including service pack and version upgrades.
6. Maximize the optimization of the BI Tool environments. This includes optimization of the services as well as optimization of report/application design, scheduling, and archival.
7. Design and maintain the security structure for the BI Tool environments, including users, security groups, and folders.
8. Audit published reports/applications to ensure they adhere to BI standards. Provide guidance to developers on adhering to these standards. Ensure all standards are documented and current.
9. Acquire additional training as needed for operation, maintenance, and optimization of the BI Tool Environments; attend user group meetings to stay current with the tools and new features; and make recommendations to improve and automate processes.
10. Provide assistance to report/application developers who have questions or problems.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent with 3-5 years of relevant experience OR an Associate degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
2. A minimum of one year experience of BI Tool Administration.
3. Strong technical knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (QlikView, SAP Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects, SAS, etc.).
4. Proficient knowledge of data base structure, query language, and concepts.
5. Proficient knowledge of the BI Tool environments, upgrades, and system maintenance.
6. Proven analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
7. Ability to mentor and train staff on various aspects of BI tool administration.
8. Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with various levels within the organization.
9. Excellent listening and time management skills.
10. Ability to work well independently and within teams.
11. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
12. Flexibility to meet organizational and departmental demands.
1. Prior experience supporting Business Intelligence tools used by SSM Health (QlikView, QlikSense, NPrinting, SAP Crystal Reports, SAP Business Objects Enterprise, SAS, etc.).
2. Knowledge of data warehousing standards and concepts.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
1. Ability to sit for extended periods.
2. Ability to continuously use the computer for extended periods.
3. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs