Authorization Coordinator - Home Health Job
Full Job Title: Authorization Coordinator - Home Health - PRN
Job Number: 17008139
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
- Communicates with medical professional, vendors, insurance company personnel, and case managers to expedite patient authorization of requested services.
- Complies with all department policies. Meets assigned quotas of monthly authorizations.
- Identifies clinical needs of the patient and communicates with case management/insurance companies/Home Care staff.
- Communicates with medical professional, vendors, insurance company personnel, and case managers to expedite patient authorization of requested services for initial authorization and documents the information into Horizon.
- Prints daily RR note report and notifies clinical staff of expiring authorizations.
- Obtains and maintains current knowledge of insurance coverage's (authorization process, documentation requested), and then informs the necessary people of required information.
- Notifies central intake, scheduling, and clinical supervisors if unable to obtain authorization.
- Maintains and updates database processes for obtaining authorization from specific payors.
- Acts as a contact for new and existing accounts and maintains data related to original referral.
- Follows up on service batch weekly.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as special assignments.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing: Licensed Practical Nurse, Therapist or Therapist Assistant
- Current Missouri LPN license and valid drivers license
- 1 to 3 years of insurance verification/authorization experience required
- Customer service focus and skills required
- Must maintain an acceptable driver's record per company policy.
- Must be able to maintain proof of current auto insurance with at least state required minimum coverage.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers.
- Requires good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of general computer skills including Windows required
SSM Health at Home –
SSM Health at Home offers highly skilled and experienced caregivers to help patients through difficult times. Services include extended at-home care, help managing pain or special support during terminal illnesses. SSM Health at Home is located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs