Assistant Clinical Manager Job
Full Job Title: Assistant Clinical Manager - Surgery
Job Number: 17004606
Facility: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Location: Mount Vernon, IL
Schedule: Full Time, Varied
Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm
The Assistant Clinical Manager assesses, plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates nursing care for surgical patients. Supervises staff performance and development, productivity, and working relationships with physicians and interdisciplinary staff with 24 hour accountability.
- Manages staff coverage by: assisting with the selection of qualified staff, arranging department orientation/training for new employees within 2 weeks of hire with the Nurse Educator, assists the director in staffing for optimal productivity while remaining within 5% of budget, completing departmental time and attendance system within the needs of the finance department.
- Supervises staff by: monitoring individual work performance daily and appraising employee work results. Coaching, counseling and intervening in employee work performance as needed, and maintaining employee records within HR standards.
- Financial management of the department will be: Develop and understanding and assist in maintaining the productivity of all department above 100%, assisting in development of operational and capital budgets in a timely manner, utilizing staff, equipment, and resources effectively while remaining within 5% of budget, accurately maintaining department logs, and activity records, assisting I overseeing department logs, and activity records, assisting in overseeing department charging system for accuracy of coding and implementation, assisting in the payroll process, assisting in developing new services as needed for growth and stability of all departments.
- Maintains working knowledge of organizational specific policies and protocols by attending scheduled competencies and demonstration of skills. Monitors staff adherence to policy through audits, tracers, and observations.
- Assists the director in ensuring exceptional customer satisfaction by ensuring the daily surgical schedule continues to stay on target for the day.
- Participates in development and implementation of policies and procedures by: assisting director in developing annual goals and action plans with staff input/assistance, establishing policies and procedures for the department and reviewing annually, interpreting and communicating department and hospital policies to the staff in a timely manner, and maintaining department policy and procedure, treatment and orientation manuals within regulatory guidelines.
- Consistently monitors staff to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies- Association of perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN), American Association of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), and American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN).
- Assists the charge nurses and SPD lead with any clinical concerns to improve workflow which can and will include actual patient care.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement by: assisting in identifying opportunities for improvement/change within system guidelines, participating in focus groups/performance improvement teams as needed which can include shared governance.
- Willing and positive acceptance of any and all other job functions deemed necessary to maintain daily operational workflow of all departments.
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN license
- 3-5 years RN experience
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs