Admissions Coordinator-LPN - Home Health Job
Full Job Title: LPN - Admissions Coordinator - Home Health
Job Number: 17005804
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
- Coordinates identification of Home Health and Hospice patients in conjunction with Hospital Case Management. Conducts in person meeting with patients/family to discuss needs and services and verify patient information, and identifies the clinical needs and screening to ensure criteria for admission is met. Ensures medical necessity by verifying procedure/diagnosis compliance, ensuring proper screening, communicating general instructions to customer. Adheres to all regulatory compliance per department policies, as evidenced by quality audits and reviews. Identifies which service line/program is most appropriate for patient, based on his/her needs, and explains services to patient/family.
- Verifies Attending Physician for patient and ensures compliant F2F and final orders are obtained prior to Start of Care as appropriate. Ensures ongoing follow-up with referral source, until patient is discharged, to evaluate patient needs, including but not limited to disciplines, equipment, wound care, infusion, etc. Identifies and/or triages proposed SOC/ROC date in conjunction with Clinical/Scheduling Supervisor. Communicates/notifies Scheduling/others of referral SOC/ROC. Initiates/Generates SOC orders and collaborates notification of patient to Health at Home Care Team (including Associates, Clinicians, Supervisors and Managers) through verbal, written and/or huddles.
- Reviews all components of EPIC record and/or Medical information received via fax/scan. Ensures all appropriate pertinent clinical information and pertinent communication needed to convey to Clinical Staff is documented into the Horizon EHR through referral information notes and orders. Reviews documentation entered into system to ensure quality clinical and accurate data. Verifies patient, related party, demographic information and obtains insurance information; in conjunction with Associate. Hands off to Associate for Data Entry and Verification of Insurance.
- Demonstrates streamlined processes to maintain safety and quality through accurate patient identification, protects personal health information, and proactively obtains and interprets physician orders, as evidenced by quality audits and reviews.
- Provides exceptional customer service and notifies Marketer/Manager of any physician or referral source complaint/concerns. Serves as a resource/Advocate to hospital staff, patients, families, extended care facility staff and physicians regarding all Home Services provided. Collaborates with Clinical Sales Liaison to develop relationships with case managers, Hospital Case Managers and physicians through positive and professional communication.
- Enhances effective operations of the department through participation in department meetings, reads and initials minutes for meetings not attended, participation in process improvement activities to achieve goals, as evidenced by attendance record and completed process improvement action items. Assists in the development of Orientation Manual, Checklists and Guidelines. Assists in the training and development of Associates and Admissions Liaisons.
- Rotates weekend coverage, Holiday coverage and on call coverage, as assigned.
- Serves as liaison between SSM hospitals, SSM Health at Home and internal/external customers to promote collaboration and partnership to achieve excellence in post-acute community care.
- Coordinates all levels of care including Infusion, Home Health and Hospice demonstrating high level clinical knowledge and skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as special assignments.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing: Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current Missouri LPN license and valid driver's license
- 1 years of Home Care, Physician Office or Med/Surg experience
- Typing/keyboarding/ experience with Microsoft Office required
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers
- Requires effective decision making, critical thinking, clinical assessment and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills are required to communicate in a positive manner to internal and external customers
- Understands and incorporates team concept in daily activities.
- Assists team to achieve goals by being helpful, dependable and flexible.. Insurance process knowledge; Medical terminology; Microsoft and Windows - based computer skills; Internet Navigation.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs