Full Job Title: Administrator-St. Mary's Care Center, Madison
Job Number: 16016517
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Care Center
Location: Madison, WI
Schedule: Full Time
- Exhibits the values and philosophy of the SSM Health System in daily activities and performs job functions in accordance with system policies.
- Adopts and enforces rules and regulations concerning the health care and safety of residents/clients and the protection of their personal and property rights.
- Appoints a designee during an absence so that administrative direction is provided at all times.
- Establishes and implements care policies, personnel policies and other policies of the system and the facilities.
- Manages the ongoing functions of the facilities by employing adequate numbers of appropriately trained professional and auxiliary personnel and by delegating duties appropriately.
- Maintains ongoing liaison with the governing body via the President of Post Acute Services and with the medical, nursing and other professional and supervisory staffs through regularly scheduled meetings and/or periodic reports.
- Implements and assures adherence to policy decisions of the SSM Health System.
- Assures that all levels of the facilities operate using the SSM Health Values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship, and Community.
- Establishes, maintains and enhances effective relationships and communications with the Medical Director, the Pastor of St. Bernard Church, and all outside stakeholders.
- Reviews and directs action on reports of authorized survey and inspecting agencies.
- Develops short, intermediate and long term goals and objectives to complement overall System goals and objectives.
- Aids in developing System policies, procedures and directives as requested and communicates these appropriately to ensure that compliance is achieved within the facilities.
- Directs fiscal management including purchase of materials, equipment and services.
- Ensures annual budgets are prepared detailing revenue sources, expense estimates, with acceptable returns.
- Is responsible for the development of an annual capital budgets in collaboration with System finance.
- Oversees the operation of the physical plants, food services and all ancillary service programs for both facilities.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the facilities programs and changes processes in order to improve operations as necessary.
- Selects competent personnel to lead and staff all departments. Works with Human Resources to ensure that adequate and up-to-date personnel programs are present including personnel policies, wage scales and current job descriptions.
- Is responsible for the financial status of both entities. Responsible for establishing fee schedules and evaluating all expense sources as required to maintain stable finances.
- Ensures facilities are in compliance with all federal, state and local laws. Maintains membership in national and state associations for not-for-profit entities as appropriate.
- Ensures a Safety Program includes comprehensive fire and disaster plans. Ensures that all on-line occurrence reports, Opportunity For Improvement and all other pertinent reports are appropriately filed and reviewed.
- Directs repairs, new construction and replacement of equipment so both facilities are maintained in an exceptional manner.
- Provides that all volunteer programs are planned and supervised by competent individuals and that volunteers are given a thorough orientation.
- Delegates responsibility for discharge planning to one or more appropriately trained staff members.
- Attends continuing education to maintain or exceed the annual leadership hours requirement as directed by the System.
- Participates in System meetings as required. Submits reports as requested.
- Works with marketing staff to establish and maintain effective public relations.
- Participates in community health activities or delegates a representative as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with insurance program directives—risk, worker's compensation, employee health, unemployment compensation, and others.
- Enters into transfer and other agreements with other health care institutions or medical facilities as appropriate.
- Negotiates agreements with reputable vendors for diagnostic and treatment services.
- Evaluates and implements committees and consultant services as necessary and implements recommendation as appropriate.
- Performs or assumes other administrative responsibilities as assigned by the President of Post Acute services.
- Graduate from an accredited four year college. Current Wisconsin license as a nursing home administrator.
- A minimum of 3 years Administrator experience at a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Ability to work in a leadership capacity. Ability to maintain high standards of work and performance.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs