Administrative Services Assistant Job
Full Job Title: Administrative Services Assistant
Job Number: 17007630
Facility: SSM Health - System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling departmental and system-wide meetings as requested, including developing and distributing minutes, monitoring follow-up tasks and other actions and tasks generated from the meetings; as requested.
- Makes travel arrangements, prepares itineraries, computes expense reports and processes necessary paperwork, as requested.
- Sorts incoming and outgoing mail; prioritizes and categorizes items for action.
- Greets clients and customers for appointments/interviews/meetings; offers refreshments, and escorts to appropriate parties and locations, as applicable.
- Answers, screens and makes telephone calls to support departmental activities; communicates accurate information; routes problem calls to appropriate person promptly and efficiently.
- Handles confidential and sensitive PHI, Legal and Medical matters, with and without direct supervision with a high level of discretion.
- Provides timely and accurate follow-up to appropriate parties (acknowledgement and resolve notification to appropriate parties).
- Maintains accurate electronic files and records of the Department including correspondences, reports, contracts, and related materials.
- Assists with development of meeting agendas; assembles and arranges meeting materials.
- Prepares meeting rooms in advance of meetings and assists in cleanup of refreshments post meeting; assists with troubleshooting and other meeting needs, as required.
- Records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes to appropriate parties, as requested.
- Composes communications as required; modifies and finalizes documents, as requested.
- Assembles materials for reports and data derivation; dissemination of report materials, as requested.
- Ensures follow-up on actions generated by meetings and communications.
- Provides administrative backup to other departmental support and administrative staff, as requested. Provides cross-trained support for core departmental functions, as requested.
- Develops and maintains engaging and effective relationships with clients, customers and staff, internally and externally.
- Plans and organizes daily flow of daily work load; facilitates and coordinates assigned projects; initiates follow up action.
- Provides general administrative support to the Workers' Compensation and Risk Information Management System (RMIS) Teams, as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School/GED equivalent required
- Five or more years of executive administrative support experience in a fast-paced organization required
- Requires excellent PC skills and at an advanced skill level of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Lync/Skype for Business).
- Must have advanced skills in pivot tables and PowerPoint presentations
- Must have the ability to learn new programs and software in a constant changing environment.
- Associate's Degree preferred
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs