Administrative Director - Patient Care Services Job
Full Job Title: Admin Director of Patient Care Services
Job Number: 17002237
Facility: SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Baraboo
Location: Baraboo, WI
Schedule: Benefit Eligible, Full Time
The Administrative Director of Patient Care Services will be reporting to the CNO. He/She will have a large scope of control that includes management of nursing and designated patient care services. The long term goal for a successful candidate will be aimed at progressing to the CNO position. The ideal candidate will already have multi-unit experience or Director level experience in multiple acute care service lines.
- Collaborates with the Vice President of Patient Care Services/CNO in the development and approval of hospital objectives, nursing philosophy and strategic planning in relation to patient care programs.
- Serves as the primary contact for problem resolution in Vice President of Patient Care Services/CNO's absence.
- Participate in the development of hospital/system-wide patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how the nursing care needs of patients or patient populations receiving nursing care are assessed, evaluated, and met.
- Performs responsibilities and duties of the job in a manner that is attentive to the age of the patient population served.
- Participate with other governance, managerial, medical staff and other clinical leaders in the decision-making structures and processes of the hospital.
- Collaborates with dept. directors in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs to promote the recruitment, retention and ongoing education of staff members.
- Oversees growth, direction and well-being of Nursing and direct reports through regular performance evaluations, prioritization of development ideas, counseling, or referral to EAP, if appropriate.
- Maintain effective, positive communication with department directors by holding regular meetings, explain new policies, discuss staff concerns and seek input and participation regarding general department operations.
- Collaborates with department Directors to develop plans to ensure appropriate staffing that is always available to provide care and carry out St. Clare Hospital's Mission.
- Collaborates with dept. directors in maintaining accurate job descriptions for Nursing, patient care designated staff and direct reports.
- Assists staff with development and usage of standards of care and nursing policies and procedures.
- Interpret, support and enforce all hospital-wide and employee manual policies in a uniform manner with all employees.
- Assist in solving problems and complaints of staff, maintaining a positive employee relations climate.
- Creates and promotes a safe work environment for all employees.
- Maintains own professional growth and development through appropriate continuing education.
- Collaborates in the development, securing approval of and administering a total budget of staffing, operational and capital expenses which provides the resources necessary to attain agreed upon goals and objectives.
- Operates within approved current budget or provides explanation for budget variances.
- Researches and evaluates changing market forces and competitive trends to evaluate and develop or revise programs and services provided.
- Keeps current on, and ensures departments are operated within general hospital guidelines, the Joint Commission and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Plans, organizes and controls all functions of the Nursing Service and other departments for which responsible including setting and meeting annual strategic objectives.
- Responsible for encouraging new ideas and coordinating the evaluation of them, as well as the re-evaluation of existing programs and services so that continuous effectiveness can be maintained.
- Ensures safe and efficient nursing care in cooperation with various Department Directors.
- Assists departments in improving patient teaching and education.
- Ensures maintenance of required records, reports and statistics for all departments for which responsible.
- Responsible for management of patient complaints to ensure timely resolution.
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing, Bachelor's in Nursing and Master's degree in Nursing or Healthcare Administration required.
- Wisconsin RN licensed.
- Previous experience in nursing management, minimum of 3 years.
- Professional Affiliations: American Organization of Nurse Executives and Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Our 100-bed St. Clare Hospital is a nationally recognized leader in rural health care in south-central Wisconsin. St. Clare offers acute care, as well as a wide range of other services including chemical dependency treatment, hemodialysis, radiation oncology and a free-standing hospice facility. Additional urgent care services are available at campus locations in the surrounding communities of Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs