Full Job Title: Accountant
Job Number: 17009087
Facility: SSM Health System Office
Location: St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Full Time
- Enhances assigned functions by identifying and implementing process improvements to generate efficiencies and improve quality.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction of the department by actively participating in staff meetings and offering assistance to others when needed.
- Ensures best practices by assisting in the development, implementation and completion of financial policies and procedures, including:
- Assists in the monthly close process ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Prepares and analyzes account reconciliations.
- Assists in budget preparation for entity information and balance sheet detail as necessary
- Prepares reports detailing monthly expenses by cost center.
- Corresponds with entity department leaders to ensure proper accounting for purchases and expenses.
- Assists team leads in the preparation of reports for annual audits, disclosure packets, 990 reporting and annual surveys
- Ensures accounting processes and procedures are followed
- Provides Exceptional Customer Service to meet our customer needs and requests
- Provides support to team members as needed to meet deadlines and requests
- Serves as the primary liaison to the Finance Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting regarding financial issues related to accounting operations.
- Participates in the activities of the accounting team to provide consistent and accurate financial reporting and information across all regions.
- Participates in the implementation and maintenance of system-wide workflows and reporting to provide value added financial services related to accounting operations.
- Participates in the activities of the accounting team so that key functions of the department are performed thoroughly and timely, with the appropriate level of review and analysis
- Minimum of 1-3 years of increasingly responsible experience in accounting, preferably in health care.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience in non-provider health care setting can be considered in lieu of hospital experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Knowledge of Excel required
- Experience with Fix Assets preferred
- SAP experience preferred
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs