RN - Care Manager Job
Full Job Title: RN Care Manager - Primary Care Portage
Job Number: 16017265
Facility: SSM Health Dean Medical Group Portage
Location: Portage, WI
Schedule: Benefit Eligible, Full Time
Hours: 8-5 Monday - Friday
- State Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin
- 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise independent and sound judgment in decision making, utilizing all relevant information.
- Demonstrates ability to work within multidisciplinary teams and within a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills
- Demonstrates high level time management, organizational skills, and priority setting.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill of MS Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel to various locations.
- Care or Case Management experience.
- Ambulatory experience
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Electronic Medical Record experience (EPIC preferred)
- Experience in motivational interviewing
- Uses assessment skills and appropriate risk assessment tools to identify patients with actual or potential health care needs that could benefit from care management.
- Assesses the healthcare, educational and psychosocial needs of the patient and caregiver(s).
- Designs a patient-centered plan of care that incorporates evidenced based guidelines and standards and fosters a team approach by working collaboratively with the patient, family, primary care provider, and other members of the care team to ensure coordination of services. Care goals should be specific, attainable, and measurable.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions and reinforces and /or modifies the care plan.
- Utilizes the nursing process: assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation to monitor, detect, and anticipate early and subtle health status changes.
- Coordinates care across the continuum (inpatient/outpatient/community) to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Promotes timely and effective communication based on individual and/or situational requirements and utilizes appropriate means to ensure adequate information flow and documentation.
- Helps to maintain and update information on community resources.
- Assures strong collegial working relationships with internal and external healthcare organizations and community resources.
- Participates in the monitoring of quality and utilization metrics and recommends and participates in improvement efforts to refine the delivery of care to maximize clinical, quality, and fiscal outcomes.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, protocols, standing orders, and quality assurance standards.
- Adheres to department productivity standards
- Maintains HIPAA standards and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Records documentation for all care management activities in the electronic medical record in a timely and thorough manner
- Performs other duties as required.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs