Director - Emergency Department Job
Full Job Title: Director, Emergency Department
Job Number: 17007470
Facility: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Schedule: Full Time, Days
- Ensures provision of quality nursing care on a twenty-four hour basis in the emergency room.
- Participates in operational planning for areas of responsibility.
- Develop and implement processes that support-enhance provision of patient-centered, evidence-based regulatory-compliant nursing practice.
- Budget/financial Management.
- Serves as a mentor to supervisory and management staff.
- Actively supports and participates in relationship-based care including support of shared governance.
- Builds and sustains trusting relationships, resolves conflict, negotiates effectively, and develops collaborative working relationships within the hospital and in the community.
- Identifies and resolves conflicts and problems which inhibit departments functioning and/or service delivery capabilities; keeps Administrative
- Establishes, implements, and maintains up-to-date policies and procedures to achieve effective and efficient department services as well as comply with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Develops staffing plans and duty assignments to ensure effective and efficient workflow.
- Ensures regulatory compliance with Time Critical Diagnosis for Stemi and Level 2 Compliance with Stroke guidelines.
- BSN and Masters
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or able to maintain within 30 days of hire
- Three to five years experience as a professional nurse manager, including two years recent acute care experience in an Emergency Department or critical care
- Computer experience
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Back to top
Browse by Job Family
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Advanced Practitioner Jobs
- Allied Health Jobs
- Clinical Engineering Services Jobs
- Health Information Management Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Nursing Jobs
- Nursing Support Jobs
- Patient Financial Services Jobs
- Pharmacy Jobs
- Physician & Associate Staff Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Support Services Jobs
- Therapy Jobs